Sunday 9 March 2008

Oh My Dear Mr. Burning Sun!

Oh my dear mighty ball of fire
That appears to me like a brave man!
Fearlessly rising and setting
Unmindful of the happenings around!

Did I fall for your bright face?
Or for your golden rays?
Or for your shining grace?
Or for your cosmic embrace?

Though I am aware of your eternal presence in the world
Only recently did I realize how overpowering you are
Sleeplessly I am waiting for every new day to begin
To watch you rise up, shine on me and then fade away

However powerful your gaze may be,
I still refuse to shrink my eyes off your stare.
Least am I affected by your scorching heat,
‘Coz I thoroughly enjoy your warmth on me.

I am hardly concerned that you will tan my skin off
‘Coz I am already brown.
I am not bothered that you will dry me away,
‘Coz I am already withered every night.

I am aware that you are far beyond my reach.
I realize how happy you are in your own galaxy.
I also know that you cannot come to me and
I too have no ladder high enough to attain you.

I know how important you are to this world
Even a day’s off will interrupt the entire universe!
From the tiny seed to the mighty ocean
Every action requires your attention.

At night time when the world is sleeping
You are still working though not in my arena
So when is the time that we will get to meet?
Oh my dear busy lover?

But I am desperate to contact you
And express my admiration for you.
When nobody can afford to miss you
Am I not crazy to thrust a soulful love upon you?


You have become absolutely unreachable
Even with the latest inventions of technology.
Neither can I text you nor can I phone you
How do you think I can ever achieve you?

Let me ask you if we will ever meet?
Will I ever touch you?
Will you ever acknowledge my love?
Do you have many more petitions like this? Tell me honestly, you fiery Sun!

What answer have you for this creature
Who has soft feelings for a blazing thing like you?
Why don’t you darken the cosmos for a day?
And come personified to secretly kiss me?

3 comments:

Radhakrishnan said...

Very nice indeed! Flowers like Lotus and Sunflower always show their love to the Sun. Sunflowers cry when Sun is not around and they hide their tears by looking down.

Everyone pray to the Sun in early morning to get His/Her blessings and it is only one known God who helps in creating and destroying everything.

Your desire would be well appreciated and I hope Sun would come down to fulfill your dream.

Excellent piece of work Latha. Thank you Latha.

Latha said...

Thanks a lot Mr. Radhakrishnan for your words of appreciation.

Nice to learn about the information that you have passed on about Sunflower's attraction towards the Sun!

You are right! Sun is considered to be a God by many!

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous said...

mewaanfuhaalp [url=http://bit.ly/elancreditcard]elan credit card[/url] Qnhomrsflaolpl