Sunday 9 March 2008

Oh Dear Wind!

Oh turbulent wind!
Why haven’t you shown your power on me yet?
Is it because I have just bloomed?
I have been told when I was a bud that you are so ghastly
That if you wish you can, with your force, wither me down in seconds.
But why have you been so caring and kind to me
That I merrily sing and dance to your tunes?

Oh gentle wind!
Why haven’t you swayed on me for a long time now?
Is it because you no more love me?
I have heard of several flowers falling in love with you
And that you are the most fancied lover of a flower!
I have now started missing you
That I am singing melancholy!

Oh loving wind!
Why don’t you answer me yet?
Don’t you have feelings for me?
Am I just another flower to you?
Don’t you understand how special you are to me?
I can see the gardener coming to pluck me away!
My life is short and my destiny unknown
Help me out dear wind!
I do not want to adorn the bride as a garland
I do not want to lie as a wreath on a funeral
I just want to feel your breeze once more.
Sway on me my dear before I lose my life!

No comments: