Wednesday 5 March 2008

How can I thank you Mom?

As a tiny worm in your womb
I writhed and wriggled in dumb
I knew you cannot feel my hunger
Yet you fed me and saved me from danger

I was to you more of a nuisance
Because of me you had morning sickness
You ate heartily for you and me
But had to force it out all due to me

Least bothered on how I would look
You read me stories from your favourite book
For a moment I wondered with my eyes blind
On how a woman could love her unborn child!

How many sacrifices! How many stipulations?
All for me - nature’s tiny creation!
Am I worthy of your attention? I often wondered
‘Indeed I am lucky’ I concluded

All the pains that you did bear
Show me that you sure did care
For did I not see your face in mirth
On the day of my birth?

I did know you took a peep
And enjoyed me in my blissful sleep
Your patience did I test?
‘Cos I cried all the time when you did rest

Night and day I stayed awake
And you rocked me without a break
When I shivered with a cold
You swaddled me and stayed very bold

You introduced to me all my playmates
But you continued to be my only mate
I thought I was your only responsibility
But you played your role with great dexterity

I grew up to be very finicky
You helped me when I was panicky
I refused to go to school everyday
You pacified me and showed my way

You cared not to know if I am bright or dull
But felt disturbed to see my lunch box full
My likes and dislikes only you did know
Unconditional love you continued to show.

No comments: