Sunday 9 March 2008

Just One Day Please....

Oh God! Grant me just one boon. I plead not for riches and wealth. I ask not for health and longevity. I request you just one thing. I want to become a man for just ONE day. I have always envied men who lead their life as they wish. I wish to get myself transformed into a man for just one day. I promise that I will return back to my cocoon and deliver my duties soon after I am released out of my boon. If you would like to know what I wish to do if you convert me into a man, please read further.

I want to get up as late as possible and get out of the house as early as possible.
I want to demand my morning coffee and drink it leisurely as I turn the pages of the newspaper.
I want to use the bathroom as long as possible.
I want to drive a bike in full speed.
I want to get wet in rain as I ride my bike.
I want to give lift to pretty girls waiting for bus.
I want to brush my hair looking at the mirror of my bike.
I want to wear a dark sun glass and look at cute girls.
I want to propose to a girl in the most traditional way.
I want to flirt with as many girls as possible and walk away the moment they get serious.
I want to disconnect the phone when I know it is a call from my wife.
I want to go home as late as possible.
I want to have the exclusive ownership of the remote and change channels as I wish.
I want to take least notice of my wife’s whole day story at home when she describes her ordeals with home and children to me.
I want to demand the food I want to eat.
I want to talk to my friend in my cell phone unquestioningly and as long as I desire.
I want to just show my face and disappear when it comes to a function arranged by my wife’s family.
I want to invite as many friends as possible and ask my wife to cook for them.
I want to sleep undisturbed during week ends.
I want to make my wife believe that I am a teetotaler.
I want to smoke and drink to death.
I want to forget my wife’s birthday and our anniversary.
I want to freak out with friends by making my wife believe that I am out in a meeting.
I want to enjoy watching cricket with my friends.
I want to get all the privilege at home by making others believe that I have had a tough day at work.

Well my dear God! You do not know how nice it would be to be a man for a day since I need not do many things at home that I currently do. I would be enjoying absolute freedom. Do you wish to know what can I refrain from doing if I become a man? Here it goes –
I don’t have to think of what to cook for the family.
I don’t have to spend my time waking everybody up in the morning.
I don’t have to bathe my kids and get them ready to school.
I don’t have to feed them food.
I don’t have to keep their books in their bag according to their time table.
I don’t have to pack up lunch for all at home.
I don’t have to clean up the mess in the kitchen and the rest of the house.
I don’t have to list down the items required to be bought to manage the house.
I don’t have to wash the clothes, dry them up and fold and keep them in the closet.
I don’t have to iron the clothes.I don’t have to cook to fulfill everybody’s varying tastes
I don’t have to make my kids study and write.I don’t have to cry if somebody hurt my feelings.
I don’t have to solve disputes arising among my kids and my neighbors’ kids.
I don’t have to sleep late and get up early.

God! Your job was over when you created man and woman. But men have decided what a man should do and what a woman should do. They have restricted women and have allotted maximum privileges to themselves. Do I have the power to change the law and bring about a revolution? No. I don’t. Hence I give you two options – either change the law for us or grant me this boon for JUST ONE DAY please….

No comments: