Tuesday 18 March 2008

Awaiting my next life....

Here I am smiling
As I depart from this wretched body
That is completely burnt
By the blazing flames

He blindfolded my eyes
And slit my tongue
Tied up my hands and legs
And threw me into the fire

I couldn’t see the flames
Neither could I scream for help
Nor could I free myself from this.
I simply had to go through the pain

Since I respected his decisions and
Honoured his words,
I enjoyed the burns
After all, he sent me into it!

I am not sure if he loved me
But here I have proved that I love him
I am happily waiting for my next life
Only to meet him!

Waiting to fall in love with him once again
Waiting to embrace him
Waiting to kiss him
Waiting to surrender to him.

All that was impossible in my last life
Will be fulfilled in my new life
Provided he doesn’t send me to fire again!
Awaiting my next life……

5 comments:

Padmaja said...

The pangs of love and the yearning for union are all well brought out, Latha.

Cheers!

Latha said...

Thanks Padmaja! To be honest, I became truly emotional as I wrote this poem. Wondered how it would be to go through such pain! Sometimes I feel that physical pain is much better because it would subside at some point. Mental agony is something that is hard to put up with. Even time cannot heal it!

Radhakrishnan said...

Love is simply can't be ignored! When there is a pure Love, nothing would come in between, even mental agony!

Thank you Latha.

Please don't delete the following message.

I was really disappointed to see that you have deleted (I guess) your old articles and comments for some unwanted reason (may not be true for you). Hope this fresh start won't make your mood swing in other way. Take control of this life!

Kind regards
radha

Latha said...

Thanks Mr. Radhakrishnan. I am sorry for what I had done. I just thought I will create another blog spot which has better features. In fact, I started one but due to the pressure of many good friends and well wishers, I decided to continue with this.

I am very glad that you are back in action. I will not delete anything from now on. This is my word.

I was not able to inform you about it since you were away from the picture and I did not have your email id too. I am extremely sorry Mr. Radhakrishnan!

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Radhakrishnan said...

Thats fine Latha. We are not going to take anything with us when we die but we can leave things for our next generations to follow and learn. :) No need to be sorry.