Saturday 8 November 2008

A Fulfilling Weekend

This weekend brought about the real change that we all were looking forward to. We had invited A and S to our house for dinner on Thursday. With the curtain guys fixing the curtains at one end and me concentrating on kids at the other end, it seemed a never ending process. I was just running behind the two to make sure they don’t run over the screws and nails the curtain guys had scattered all over. The remains of curtain hooks, screws, nails and the powder that fell from the wall as they drilled holes all over, were indeed a big mess to clean. They kept me busy from morning 10.30 till 5 pm in the evening.

Thanks to the Thursday traffic that made G, A and S come very late back home. Had they come much earlier, they would have been shocked to see a messy house with no trace of any dinner being served. I was delighted to see ‘people’ coming home. Being deprived of any kinds of contacts for a long time, the arrival of A and S indeed brought some bloom in the face of children as well as mine.

A and S were equally delighted. They played with kids and kept them thoroughly entertained. Then came the dinner time! Kids ate quickly with the least fuss fearing that they might miss something if they ate slowly. That way, one of my big troubles of feeding kids was also diminished by A and S. G, A, and S had dinner together and they richly complimented the food that I served (I really do not know if they meant what they said). After dinner, we all sat down to play board games. Well, I should admit here that kids are growing up. They too sat down to play with us and had great fun playing. We then listened to some music, talked, talked and talked. I thought I was only going through the loneliness here in the new city but the way kids reacted that night proved that they were also dying to meet people. After prolonged hours of chatting, we then decided to sleep.

I don’t understand why the sun rises too damn quickly on a Friday! I was prompted to curl myself into the blanket for a little more time when I was suddenly reminded of Sadguru’s words – “It is not real freedom to sleep for a long time. Real freedom lies only when you can afford to get up at ANY time you are asked to get up.” I had to get up early to take care of the ‘guests’ at home and serve them a proper meal though framing an itinerary for the day was a big task since each of us got up at a different time. We planned from a desert safari to watching movies – but nothing actually worked. We finally decided to have our lunch outside and keep loitering around. Each of us had our breakfast at a different time.

By the time we went out for lunch, it was 3.15 and somehow managed to get into a restaurant that could serve us what we wanted. After spending nearly an hour inside, we then moved towards the beach. The climate was very favourable to the decision that we took. The wind gently swayed as though they followed a pattern. It was quite a chilly evening. Kids enjoyed collecting shells and building sand castles as usual. G, A and S were busy talking all kinds of politics around their world. I was very busy creating my dream world and trying to live there with all my imagination. In short, it was a fulfilling weekend.

2 comments:

Padmaja said...

Wish you enjoy many such weekends of entertainment in the coming time!

Latha said...

Thanks dear!