Sunday 9 November 2008

Categories of People

The most wonderful creation of God is believed to be man. The uniqueness of every individual from a new born baby adds further beauty to God’s creation. But my concern is about those set of people God created by mistake. I guess that those kinds of people are still alive since God cannot due to some reason erase the error. Maybe server was down when He wanted to recall them back. Are you wondering about what kind of people am I talking about?

Category 1 – People who do not answer their phone: I agree that we all will get into a situation where we may not be able to attend calls. But this particular sect of people does not fall into that class. They do not pick up phone by habit. Even if the heaven comes down, they will not pick their phone up. If by mistake they pick it up, they have their recorded monotonous message, “I will call you back.” The time will never come for them to return their calls till their death. If we happen to meet such idiots in person, we silly people tend to confess honestly to them that we had called him on this date at this time and such crap. To such questions, he would reply with wonderment, “Is it? I never received your call!”

I know boss! I know you never bother to check who called you. Maybe you are using a mobile that cannot store more than 20 numbers. You consistently miss all calls and act as though you know nothing! We are fools to call people like you. I think you carry a phone for fashion.

I feel tempted sometimes to snatch their phones and hand it over to really needy people.

Category 2 – People who give missed calls: Of late, it is becoming a habit to give missed calls to people who are at work so that they can use their office phones for personal use. That is not my worry. Again, my concern is about people who give missed calls at our residence numbers. They lack the sense of understanding that we are not interested in returning their call when we turn quiet to such strange rings. They continuously give missed calls after missed calls until we return their call. What kind of foolishness is this! Sometimes, I try picking up immediately to such missed calls. Even if by mistake they happen to hear our “hello”, they immediately ask us to call back. I don’t understand why I should be interested in saving their money!! Or will they call us back if we give them missed calls? Good heavens! Save the earth from such silly guys!

Category 3 – People who don’t respond to emails: I know that emails simply get accumulated in everybody’s mail box. 24 hours will be insufficient if one has to read and dispose all the mails on a given day. But, these kinds of people I am talking about have the time to read but no time to respond. They claim to be ‘busy’ people. They have all the time on earth to read mails or see the pictures sent but we should believe them without a doubt when they say that they did not have time to reply. Is it not an insult to the person who sends the mail?

At the moment, I am vexed with the above mentioned categories of people. They all fall into the ‘educated classes’! Education has lost its value for having educated such people!

12 comments:

Padmaja said...

Haha.. You've poured what is itching me for a long time.

Latha, tell me honestly that I don't belong to any of the categories mentioned by you. :P Now, having things cleared between you and me, let me narrate what happened during our last Monday meeting.

I expressed my stance to my friends that I don't bother to send mails nor reply to people who consistently refuse to respond to my affection, sentiments or acknowledge my happiness. I became a laughing stock and I felt really bad for being honest to people. I decided to better keep my principles and feelings within me and not to let out.

Secondly, I had slogged out for so many hours to prepare a brochure and circular based on the meetings that we had and sent it to the members for their views. Nobody responded. If this is the attitude of the people who are into humanitarian work, what to talk of the common people?

Of late, I've decided to communicate only with those who have time, patience and willingness to respond.

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja,

Let me make sure that you do not follow under any of the categories that I have mentioned. I shall narrate the reasons behind writing this article later.

Padmaja, never be honest to people. Actually it is fashion not to respond to mails or phones these days. At least that is what it seems like to me. I understand how painful it would be if your painstaking efforts receive no response from them. We just have to learn to live in this world with such people. Do we have an option?

Anonymous said...

Hey latha,

A article which more seemed like a channel to vent the anger eh ? well i do agree with you that these 3 classes of people are perhaps the most irritating in both the business and the personal world.

My point is instead of giving up what if we attempt to change at least one person and show them the right way forward maybe they will change maybe they will not but its our job to try to make this world a better place right ?

To summarize it " I win not to make someone lose but to add value to world around me" what say ?

Latha said...

Dear Srini,

I was in fact angry over the first category of people I had mentioned that actually prompted me to write this out. As you know, I don't have much work to do from where I am sitting. Hence I thought I will blog it out.

You are right. We can try to change the world. I am sure nobody would care to listen to me but I can extend my fullest support if you are going to organise the campaign against such people. :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Latha,

Iam one of ur third category member.

I know u and padmaja r very sincere to ur mails but u can't expect everyone to be the same. I don't replay to mails on time but that doesn't mean that iam not bothered about it. Actully, it depends on urgency of the mail and when one has mood to do it.

U gave me ur blog URL on 11/07/07 but this is my first comment. I have read many of ur writings before and enjoyed it.But only today i felt like to comment.I really don't know why but it happens.

If someone is really interested in replaying then they will for definite. (as I did now)

Latha said...

Dear Gowri

Whenever I receive a comment from an unexpected person, I really go excited. One such day is today. Thanks a lot for your comments.

As Srini said, this blog was more like an outpour because of my frustration. I was not trying to complain.

I do agree with you that replying depends more on the urgency of the issue. I also agree that we should not expect others to reply to every mail of ours. Having been used to quick disposal of official and personal mails so far, I feel it difficult to digest the lethargy that people sometime show. These are my feelings. I am not a perfectionist. I am inconsistent in many other things. But since I am efficient in this area, I blogged it out. No personal attack is intended in this article.

Anonymous said...

hi Latha,

so u have replied immediately. Good!

Latha said...

You are my honourable guest into my blog spot Gowri! So how do you think I can leave your message unreplied?

Thanks for your comments once again!

Unknown said...

Latha.... when you point your index finger to someone, remember your thumb is pointed at you. just a remider only. Well said. kunjubi

Anonymous said...

Did you mean me in the third category?

Latha said...

Dear Kunjubi

Well, this blog is a result of my frustration and not an allegation against any individual. Don't I have the liberty to pour down my frustration in my blog Kunjubi?

Latha said...

Dear Aruna

How do you think that I would openly comment about you like this sissie?