Tuesday 22 April 2008

Kill me not with silence

He is still silent! I went
through the narrow lanes of his heart
towards the dense forest of pain
to know the reason for his silence.

Love is nefarious
Having consumed the venom of love
I deserve to be disillusioned
Kill me O love! Kill me!

Withdraw your silence my dear!
My senses have lost all their power
Revive them with your golden words but
kill me if I don’t earn to be heard from you.

Before I lay in the pyre
I hope to hear from your lips
Your silence is sharper than the sword
So kill me with words rather than with silence!

Seconds by seconds
Minute by minute
My life is becoming lesser
Forget it not my dear! Speak before I die!!

4 comments:

Padmaja said...

Latha,

I am amazed by your sharp usage of words ...

went through the narrow lanes of his heart
towards the dense forest of pain

All that I can say is, silence kills; no doubt. But silence heals as well, for in the silence there is no 'venom of love' but just 'love'.

A very good poem written beautifully intertwining the concept of silence and love. I am proud of you dear.

Latha said...

Thank you Padmaja.

Unknown said...

"Love is nefarious
Having consumed the venom of love
I deserve to be disillusioned
Kill me O love! Kill me!"....lata... to write this kind of lines, you must have gone through the actual experinece in life..And the morbid numbness of frustration in the mind is vividly shown. My sympathies for the pang in the heart and congrats for depicting it... cheers kunjubi.

Latha said...

Thanks for your comments Kunjubi! I was actually inspired by one of the books that I read that said while writing about love, concentrate on pain and while writing about religion, concentrate not to hurt beliefs. Pain adds beauty to love and hence these kinds of poems. Thanks anyway for dropping by.