Tuesday 22 April 2008

Locked in!

Busy was I at that part of the night
when even fireflies had gone to rest,
as I tried to locate the traces of his foot

I sat down indiscreetly – I don’t know where
I have no clue as to how long I should wait
Maybe even indefinitely.

I am sure he has gone and will never return
Will he ever recall his silence-
his silence of word and action?

Shamelessly I proclaimed my love for him
Neither did I know how to discern
between shame and pride in true love.

I covered my pale face with my palm and cried
My world seemed bleak behind those closed eyes
I have lost him! I have lost him!

My tryst with him has ended
It has come to a nasty finish
How could he let me go through this pain?

The entire episode was like a hallucination
A brief period of boundless joy followed by
a never ending path of failure and distress

I envisaged myriad images of his eyes.
He is physically not present with me but
is he dwelling in my stellar world?

Dear, do not come back to me
out of mercy or pity. Come to me
if you love me, else prolong your endless silence.

But he will continue to remain within me
until I shed my last drop of blood.
Trust this to be a painless punishment for him.




8 comments:

Padmaja said...

This is really beautiful. The following lines are to be etched in golden words...

Dear, do not come back to me
out of mercy or pity. Come to me
if you love me, else prolong your endless silence.


In love, there is no mercy or pity. Well said. It's a lovely write.

Cheers,

Padmaja

Latha said...

Thank You Padmaja!

Unknown said...

Latha.. i am excavating a treasure it seems.. u have been hiding away with your poems in a far corner of the earth. and I am going to bring u to limelight, coz u have talent...imagination...word power. and an emotional upsurge in yr poems. u shd not squander it by not bringing it to the light.. very good. Words are not sufficient to expreess my joy, to have found u, though late. keep writing... cheers. kunjubi

Latha said...

Thanks for leaving your comments Kunjubi!

BTW, I am not as talented as you are!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Subhashree said...

The poem is awesome. If I am not being too nosey, can you tell me why you write about lost love mostly? Sorry, for being my nosey self :)

Latha said...

Oh Nisha! You are the nth person to ask this question. Well, it is not your fault. It is because I am writing too much of it just because pain and love work out to be a great combo. Fine! I will stop here. I am going to change topic henceforth :)

Thanks for your comments Nisha.

Unknown said...

Lata... when u declare that you will change subjects to meet someone's curiosity,u do not realize that u are ignoring the urge in your mind to explore the world of human emotions. When you are very good at it, do not make a diversion construing the comment of a person(innocently ) asking the source of these feelings, you are becoming a coward. [forsaking freedom of Expression!] Keep writing without changing your urges. cheers kunjubi