Saturday 31 May 2008

Brutal Dreams

There were nights when my eyelids fought and refused to kiss each other. Last night, it appeared to me that their war was over. Without any fuss, they kissed each other tightly and led me soon to a dream world. My dream world yesterday involved all the elements and people whom I love. I was led to a huge mansion in the midst of scenic beauty. The house had all amenities that I would require. I was accompanied by so many people whose name and faces I hardly remember. I even wonder if I had ever met them in my life. But I was so comfortable with them and addressed them all with their first names. There was a golf course behind and I watched people playing there. I did not, in the first glance understand who they were but later on with a zoom lens camera somebody narrated who they all were. They were all people much closer to my heart and whom I have missed for quite some time now. I was happy to see them all. But for some reason, I was secretly watching them. I don’t understand why I was secretly observing them. Why didn’t I become a part of their play? Why didn’t I go and talk to them? Some force restricted me from going there. Why? Why? Why? Even my dreams don’t permit me to visit them! When I was under the impression that life is so cruel, my dreams are also equally ruthless and disappointing. It spoils the beginning of another day.

Dreams are never coherent. It has no sequence. It becomes a compilation of haphazard events of my life plucked from different stages of my life. Sometimes I meet people whom I would have met just once in my life and they will appear to be so friendly with me. Sometimes my close friends would seem to be very far away from me emotionally. But dreams are just dreams. It has not meaning to our virtual life. But they are bound to be brutal sometimes affecting our treasured feelings.

10 comments:

Padmaja said...

This dream doesn't seem to be brutal to me. It shows the inner strength in me. And that should induce positive energy in you.

I too dreamt of something today but really scary to even narrate. :)

Latha said...

Thanks Padmaja for your comments.

I termed it brutal because I felt it did not let me participate with people whom I would love to mingle with. Perhaps I, and not dreams could be responsible for that. Who knows what dreams signify!

Yes, as you said, dreams can be scary too.

Padmaja said...

Please read it as 'It shows the inner strength in you'. Error while typing. :D

Moonstruck Girl said...

Hi Latha,

Dreams are incoherent, at best :D Though there are those who know to interpret them.. But sometimes I wonder if these interpretations are force-fitted just to make them more meaningful :) That human trait of assigning an explanation to every inexplicable phenomenon :)

Love,
Me

Unknown said...

Dreams, my dreams, you are fairies of paradise
The world will be an empty void, if you were not here.
Without God, without humans, without angels,
Bereft of the sense of purpose, devoid of life force;
Deficient in imagination, of beauty and creative arts
And permeating, fragrance of flower.
Dreams are not brutal.. they are fairies coming to visit you to make u happy. Enjoy every speck of it.. cheers... kunjubi

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lovely article, I have believed that dreams are a reflection of our sub-conscious self and perhaps inherently you are concerned about losing your friends or perhaps about losing out on people in general. It reminds me of a quote by Oscar Wilde “A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” I am not saying that you the kinds who feels that losing out on people is the only option but is there an event or a series of events which have formed a Belief pattern which in turn is triggering this thought process ??

Connecting what Oscar Wilde said to the Sub-conscious thought theory should kindle a few thoughts I presume. A brilliant article though . Excellent !!

Latha said...

Thanks for your comments Me! Yes, you are right - there cannot be any interpretaion to dreams. They are done just to make people believe in something that may not exist.

Latha said...

Thanks Kunjubi! Dreams are necessary to make us feel happy. Sometimes they are soothing and relieving. Sometimes, I feel we should never entertain a dream since that leads us to a false destination ultimately.

Latha said...

Thanks Srinivas for your comments Srinivas! Oscar Wilde's quote is timely!

Certain relationships are very strong that the sub conscious mind lets it appear through dreams whether or not we think about it. I strongly believe in this. I dont think that our thought process are directly linked with dreams always. Anyway, thanks for your time and comments Srinivas!

Unknown said...

Latha .... since you have dreamt vividly everything, please tell me if those were coloured-technicolor- or just black and white.. It is said that we cannti see colours in a dream.. just to verify, if it is true. it's so many months since i have seen one and never after reading that,,, kunjubi