Tuesday 27 January 2009

Attraction

Seated am I in the embers of love
with unuttered words
and a heart that is desperate
to surrender itself to where it belongs.

Dying every moment to be born again
to clear the tarnished thoughts
that keeps recollecting the flickers of
those pleasurable moments.

I am just a mortal stuffed with feelings
for the anonymous lover
who made me realize instantly
that I possess a body that isn’t mine.

In the quest of knowing more about him,
I lost all the knowledge that I acquired.
The honesty as it seems through his eyes
is the only guide I have about him.

He rocks in my berserk mind
as a champion; as a passionate lover; as a shaman.
My wide eyes rarely blink as he
snatched my sleep and replaced it with dreams.

Who is he?
Why this aberration in my mind?
An untamed force confiscated all in me leaving behind
just a state of delight encompassing grief.

A stranger is he to me and not to my heart.
His absence means nothing to me but pains my heart.
A frontier is he between me and my heart
thus making me lose my original identity.

Astonishing is this theory of magnetism
unspoken of by renowned scientists
that a heart is capable of getting magnetically
attracted to its counter part located miles away!




8 comments:

Padmaja said...

Beautifully crafted poem. Well done, Latha. Thanks to you, I had a tour of soft feelings through your words.

Clarify me this...

'A stranger is he to me and not to my heart.'

Who is this 'me'?

Anonymous said...

Good theory of magnetism?!
Nice and pleasent poem.

Anonymous said...

Good theory of magnetism?!
Nice and pleasant poem.

Latha said...

Dear Padmaja

Thanks for leaving your comments.

Let me clarify - Mind is incapable of logical thinking if the heart becomes emotional. Heart is the seat of passion and if only we overcome this emotional factor located in the heart, we become capable of logical and wise thinking. That 'me' referred to all other organs capable of perception and thinking other than the heart.

Latha said...

Dear Prakashika


Thanks a lot for your comments. Keep visiting my space.

Anonymous said...

Hey latha,

That was indeed doused with intensity ! Lovely overall and the composition was brilliant. just a few queries though !!

your first para starts with Embers of love and end with a will surrender, would it have been better to replace 'embers' with something more placid since the topic concerned is love and that I am not quiet sure how they get along !!

"tarnished thoughts" Why tarnished ? if the participants are ok there are no tarnished thought right? and if I may suggest its perhaps more of telepathy than of magnetism as in magnetism could at a higher realm be telepathy !! what say ?

Look up Psi-Gamma or google it , might give you more ideas for your writing !!

Lovely Work and apologies if it was not meant to be construed the way I did.

Latha said...

Dear Srini

Thanks for dropping by.

Your suggestions are indeed valuable and worth implementing. I do have answers for your questions but it would seem more like a justification on my part. Let me still try -

1. Why embers and then a will surrender? - 'Embers' because that is what is left in the relationship though the heart is striving hard to surrender.

2. Why 'tarnished' when the participants are ok - 'Tarnished' because once the relationship is dead and gone, the marks left behind would be haunting in the form of memories causing pain that cannot be erased. That is why I used tarnished.

3. Why not telepathy instead of magnetism - In telepathy, the thoughts should be from either ends but I have rightly used magnetism since even if one pole is static and tied to a place, the opposite would be attracted.

I appreciate your kind of critical analysis and I badly require this since I am an amateur. May I suggest you to write too? If I am not wrong, I think you have good line of thoughts to jot down. Please do pen them down as and when you get time.

Apologies? Come on Srini! Do not feel sorry for giving your valuable inputs. As I said, I do need them.

Unknown said...

very TRUE!